Is capitalism reformable?
In this interview with the former finance minister of Greece and founder of DiEM25 (Democracy in Europe Movement 2025), Yanis Varoufakis, a host of issues are discussed which include privatization, human rights, media, his experience with the EU and capitalism’s ability to reform.
- Will privatization schemes, that are being implemented by the Troika, benefit the Greek people?
- Is the “Memorandum of Understanding” signed by the Greek government last year following the OXI vote compatible with the “Declaration of Human Rights”?
- What should the left do to counter the attacks of the centrist-right media?
- What can Varoufakis tell us about the negotiations, which were barred from the public discussion , that he held with the Troika?
- Is capitalism reformable?
All of these questions are addressed in the video below: