Protesters Richard Hanzel, left, Brendan Hutt, and Richard Shavzin, right, of the Screen Actors Guild, dressed as wall street bankers, march from Goldman Sachs' office to a rally in Federal Plaza demanding Wall Street reform, Wednesday, April 28, 2010, in Chicago. (AP/M. Spencer Green) On the eve of President Barack Obama’s
In 2014, the 1 percent held 48 percent of global wealth. But that doesn’t mean the other 52 percent was for the rest of us; most of it was controlled by the 20 wealthiest percent, leaving just 5.5 percent of global wealth for 80 percent of the world.