Jobs and Internships
Part Time Social Media & Marketing Intern
Mint Press is seeking a 6-month term part time (PAID) marketing and social media intern to work under the Social Media strategist to help develop their marketing and social media managing skills to assist in curating relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers via social media, YouTube, email marketing and more. Position duration (September – April)
We understand that college students often have a busy schedule, and as such, we are flexible with schedules. This position offers the intern 20-25 hours per week. Intern must be politically aware enough to engage our content with readers.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written, email marketing + more).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for Mint Press in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate online and on on site via fairs.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
During this Internship, you will develop the following skills:
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Working towards a bachelors or graduate degree in Marketing, PR, Journalism, Political Science, and/or International Relations or recently graduated in any of those fields is required. Must have worked or interned in social media and/or marketing to showcase your skills. Please email resume, cover letter and examples of materials demonstrating your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must be able to work in our Minneapolis, MN newsroom.
This is an internship to hire position that begins in September 2014 and is paid hourly.